- 1 Who is Obama’s chief of staff?
- 2 Who are the members of the White House staff?
- 3 Who is the chief of staff and what does he do?
- 4 What power does the chief of staff have?
- 5 Do former presidents have Chief of Staff?
- 6 Who was the youngest chief of staff?
- 7 Is the attorney general White House staff?
- 8 Who was the only president not to live in the White House?
- 9 Who is the current VP?
- 10 What’s another title for chief of staff?
- 11 Is chief of staff a good career move?
- 12 What do I need to be a chief of staff?
- 13 How important is the chief of staff?
- 14 How much money does the chief of staff make?
- 15 What is the difference between a chief of staff and an executive assistant?
Who is Obama’s chief of staff?
|Preceded by||Robert Wilkie|
|26th White House Chief of Staff|
|In office January 20, 2013 – January 20, 2017|
Who are the members of the White House staff?
Office of the Staff Secretary
- Assistant to the President and Staff Secretary: Jessica Hertz.
- Deputy Staff Secretary: Michael Hochman.
- Associate Staff Secretary: Hilary Ledwell.
- Associate Staff Secretary: Zach Leighton.
- Assistant Staff Secretary: Lucy Moore. Office of Presidential Correspondence.
Who is the chief of staff and what does he do?
The chief of staff generally works behind the scenes to solve problems, mediate disputes, and deal with issues before they are brought to the chief executive. Often chiefs of staff act as a confidant and advisor to the chief executive, acting as a sounding board for ideas.
What power does the chief of staff have?
The Office of the Chief of Staff is responsible for directing, managing and overseeing all policy development, daily operations, and staff activities for the President. This office coordinates and communicates with all departments and agencies of the Administration.
Do former presidents have Chief of Staff?
While not a legally required role, all presidents since Harry S. Truman have appointed a Chief of Staff; with the exception of John F. Kennedy and Lyndon B. In the administration of Joe Biden, the current Chief of Staff is Ron Klain, who succeeded Mark Meadows on January 20, 2021.
Who was the youngest chief of staff?
Blake Lanier Gottesman (born March 6, 1980) served as White House Deputy Chief of Staff to former U.S. President George W. Bush, becoming, at age 28, the youngest member of the Bush senior staff.
Is the attorney general White House staff?
The Cabinet includes the Vice President and the heads of 15 executive departments — the Secretaries of Agriculture, Commerce, Defense, Education, Energy, Health and Human Services, Homeland Security, Housing and Urban Development, Interior, Labor, State, Transportation, Treasury, and Veterans Affairs, as well as the
Who was the only president not to live in the White House?
Although President Washington oversaw the construction of the house, he never lived in it. It was not until 1800, when the White House was nearly completed, that its first residents, President John Adams and his wife, Abigail, moved in.
Who is the current VP?
The 49th and current vice president of the United States is Kamala Harris. She was sworn in on January 20, 2021.
What’s another title for chief of staff?
Alternatives to use of Chief of Staff include Chief Administrative Officer, Chief Business Officer, or Chief Business Administrator.
Is chief of staff a good career move?
The Chief of Staff is rarely a career role. There are exceptions to this of course, and some are already finding there is a path to continue to grow within an organization or move on to become a CoS somewhere else.
What do I need to be a chief of staff?
To become a chief of staff, you need excellent interpersonal skills and several years of executive-level experience in corporate settings. The chief of staff position is relatively new in the private sector, and the qualifications for the job vary from company to company.
How important is the chief of staff?
Chiefs of staff (COS) serve an important function in the corporate world. They provide the communication framework for customers, employees and executives. Smart CEOs lean on their COS to troubleshoot and handle the daily needs of the company.
How much money does the chief of staff make?
The national average salary for a Chief of Staff is $124,017 in United States.
What is the difference between a chief of staff and an executive assistant?
Every Executive Assistant and Chief of Staff role is different depending on the needs of the executive and the skills of the employee. A top Executive Assistant may work on special projects in a strategic capacity while a Chief of Staff may occasionally work on administrative tasks.